• Intel says it has already received billions from the US governmen

    From TechnologyDaily@1337:1/100 to All on Friday, August 29, 2025 13:15:10
    Intel says it has already received billions from the US government as part of upcoming deal

    Date:
    Fri, 29 Aug 2025 12:00:00 +0000

    Description:
    Intels deal with the US Government may have just hit the road rolling with a $5.7 billion payout.

    FULL STORY ======================================================================Intel CFO says the company just received $5.7 billion from the US Government Trump secured a 10% stake in Intel in exchange for the financial support The deal
    is aimed at keeping Intel in ownership of its foundry

    Intel CFO David Zinsner said the company received $5.7 billion from the US government earlier this week as part of a deal that Trump hopes will make Intel profitable and return billions to the US.

    The deal involves Intel giving a 10% stake to the US Government, negotiated
    by Trump, who also secured a 5% warrant if Intels ownership of its foundry drops below 51%.

    However, despite signs that the deal is certainly underway, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said its still being finalized by the Department
    of Commerce. Intels US Government deal seems to be going ahead

    Looking ahead, Zinsner suggested Intel may seek outside investment for its foundry unit in order to attract strategic investors over purely financial deals, but this could be years away.

    Trumps stake in Intel is meant to encourage the company to retain control of its foundry business, boosting the US economy and supporting jobs.

    I dont think theres a high likelihood that we would take our stake below 50%, Zinsner said (via Reuters ). So ultimately, I would expect (the warrant) to expire worthless."

    However, Intel isnt so sure about the effects Trumps deal could have on the company, citing potential complications with securing international deals. Intel also noted that the White Houses interests may differ from its own.

    Despite the scale of the deal, Intel is still set to lay off thousands of workers. Since taking office just months ago, new CEO Lip-Bu Tan has vowed to slash headcount to around 75,000 in order to turn the company around.

    Last month, Intel posted quarterly revenue that was flat year-over-year at $12.9 billion. Intel shares were up 0.2% following this weeks announcement, but despite a 21.58% increase this year to date, theyre still down 50.85%
    over the course of the past five years. You might also like Intel admits US Government share deal could have a major effect on international sales
    Worried about your job? Here are the best job sites and best recruitment platforms Access powerful chips with the best cloud computing platforms



    ======================================================================
    Link to news story: https://www.techradar.com/pro/intel-says-it-has-already-received-billions-from -the-us-government-as-part-of-upcoming-deal


    --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: tqwNet Technology News (1337:1/100)